Today in our post, we’ll talk about chin strap for snoring. But, before we do, let me tell you some basic information and cover the common questions regarding snoring and then tell you about the chin strap for snoring product, cons, pros and reviews.
In this article we’ll discuss:
- What Is Snoring?
- When Does Snoring Happen?
- Is Snoring More Common In Males Or In Females?
- Is Snoring Annoying?
- Why Do People Snore?
- How Chin Straps For Snoring Work?
- My Snoring Solution Chinstrap Pros Cons.
- Who is My Snoring Solution Recommended For?
- When to Avoid Chin Straps?
- Where Can I Buy A Snoring Chin Strap?
- Anti-snoring Chin Strap Price Range.
- Alternatives for chin strap for snoring.
- Which is better the chin strap for snoring or the snoring mouth guard?
- Chin Straps for Sleep Apnea.
What Is Snoring?
Snoring is, what you already know, the noisy, annoying breathing sound that a person, or perhaps yourself, make during sleep. There are no age restrictions with snoring; it happens at neither a certain age nor a certain gender. In fact, it happens at any age and to both males and females. Approximately 90 million American adults are affected by snoring.
When Does Snoring Happen?
If your question is regarding, when snoring happens during that day, then the answer is that snoring doesn’t have a certain time during the day or happens specifically when you nap or take your sleep.
If your question is about when snoring happens regarding the age, well, as you age, it’s more possible that snoring could happen, and I’ll explain to you the mechanism of snoring in a bit.
Is Snoring More Common In Males Or In Females?
For all the women out there, this is going to be rather a good news for you, however, for men, sorry but I have to be honest about snoring. Snoring is most common to happen in males, you won’t find much women complaining from snoring problems, but that doesn’t mean that there are a few who do. As we mentioned previously, snoring affects both genders despite your age.
Is Snoring Annoying?
Well, you won’t be here if you hadn’t had someone complaining about your snoring, or maybe you’re here trying to find a solution for your partner. Either way, it can be annoying to the extent that the other can’t sleep because the snoring is too loud, or maybe they are light sleepers and wake up from the slightest sound.
Why Do People Snore?
Now, I’m going to tell you the mechanism of snoring, and I’ll make it so easy and understandable, so you can get the picture. Your throat muscles relax as you sleep, and your falls to the back, which will make your throat “floppy” and narrow. So, as you breathe normally, your throat will start vibrating as air goes in and out (but snoring is more common when you breathe in).
As your throat vibrates, it makes the annoying sound that you’re here to overcome which is snoring. These vibrations lead to the characteristic sound of snoring. The narrower your airways become, the bigger the vibrations and the louder your snoring is.
There’s a condition called apnea, that us when your breathing is completely ceased due to the occlusion of your throat walls. Apnea is a very serious condition, which causes snoring, but more importantly, needs immediate medical attention and treatment.
I’ve put for you a 2-minute video to better demonstrate how snoring happens the scientific way, so you’d better watch it.
How Chin Straps For Snoring Work?
The anti-snoring chinstrap has been around for quite a while now. It is considered one of the oldest ways of solving snoring problems and decreasing the sound produced as you sleep. The chin strap for snoring is referred to by some people as the “Chin Up Strap.”
This is obviously because what it does or its mechanism to help you stop snoring. The chin strap for snoring works on some people, but not all. It’s not the most common option for an anti-snoring solution, but it is one of the options you should be aware of.
The chin strap for snoring is a very easy, manageable equipment. The best thing about this anti-snoring solution is that it won’t cost you much, even if you decide an expensive one, it’ll not be expensive as you think it’ll be even when choosing a top of the line product. Nonetheless, don’t make any sort of decision until you know the pros and cons of the chin strap for snoring.
Can a Snoring Chin Strap Actually Stop Snoring?
It’s natural that your body’s muscles relax as you sleep, same, of course, applies to your jaw muscles, they relax as well. The jaw muscles relax by dropping your chin down and this is what causes the production of snoring as your mouth opens up.
This is not because of your chin muscle relaxation only, however, it is also related to your back throat muscles, which make your tongue fall back as they relax while you sleep. As your tongue falls back, your breathing airways will be blocked.
The chin strap for snoring solves this issue for you by controlling your jaw muscle and preventing it from dropping, and therefore, reducing the snoring sound made. Also, the chin strap for snoring prevents your tongue from falling back and blocking the airways, which adds up to its effectiveness.
Snoring Solution Chinstrap Pros Cons:
Pros of chin strap for snoring:
- Most of the different brands of chin straps got an adjustable strap, that allows the people to adjust the strap to fit perfectly and securely over their head and face. This feature in the chin strap works to hold your chin up together, with the purpose of keeping the snoring at a minimum.
- The chin strap was creatively used as a surgical jaw bra for facial surgeries to keep your jaw in the right position after any performed surgery.
- According to Jungle Scout; the Amazon store research group, every month there are about 10,000 chin straps for snoring sold which means it’s good and wanted by many people on a monthly basis and was found to be effective.
Cons Of Chin Strap For Snoring:
- Many of this chin strap for snoring products have extremely positive reviews, leaving numerous new consumers to understand that this device will work for their snoring. Nonetheless, what you may not know, is that several of the positive reviews were given due to an agreement between the sellers and the reviewers. The dealer will give the reviewer who leaves positive words on the product a free or extremely discounted chin strap, in exchange for an honest review.
- One of the greatest problems with the chin strap for snoring is that it has not been examined by the FDA. This implies that there is no scientific data or proof from a nationwide trusted source that this product is even helpful. Those who purchase the chin strap are just hoping that it will somehow get rid of their snoring issues.
Who is Chin Strap For Snoring Solution Recommended For?
The chin strap for snoring is recommended for those who are having problems sleeping at night and their partners are annoyed from the sound. It’s for those who are looking for a peaceful sleep for themselves and their partners.
When To Avoid Chin Straps?
Don’t think about using chin strap for snoring alone if you experience any of the following:
- If you fall asleep while driving your car suddenly.
- If you your snoring keeps your partner awake and prevent them from sleeping.
- If you have a neck of a certain length ( males: 17 inches & females 16 inches)
- If you just can’t get enough sleep and always feel like you need to sleep more.
- If you ever wake up in your sleep choking or gagging.
- If you have any heart conditions.
- If you feel exhausted because of high blood pressure.
- If you gasp for air suddenly while you’re sleeping.
- If you have breathing problems; like if it stops suddenly while you’re sleeping, irregular breathing patterns.
- If you’re overweight, it’s not recommended to use chin strap for snoring.
- If you fall asleep suddenly while performing activities or sitting, like when talking to a friend over the phone, while driving when you’re on the bus.
- If you have diabetes, check with your doctor first if you can use chin strap for snoring.
Where Can I Buy A Snoring Chin Strap?
You can find the chin strap wherever you are, but you need to make sure that you’re buying the original product. One of the most convenient ways is to buy online, since you can try the product and if you don’t like it, you can return the chin strap and get your money back. Just make sure you read people’s review on the chin strap you’re going to buy.
Anti Snoring Chin Strap Price Range:
There are several different brands of the chin strap for snoring, and each brand and retailer will set a different price on their product. On Amazon, chin straps can vary in price starting from $6 and go to as high as $40.
Alternatives For Chin Strap For Snoring:
It all depends on your results of the sleep study, you will be given a list of options to treat your snoring. These will commonly include:
- Lifestyle modification (for instance; avoidance of risk factors, sleep position training, treatment of allergies etc…);
- Appliances & Devices (practically oral devices for treatment of sleep apnea and snoring, or nasal dilators)
- Sometimes CPAP (the continuous positive airway pressure device that blows the air into the back of your throat, therefore, preventing it from collapsing).
The last approach (CPAP) is the method of choice for sleep apnea If you are diagnosed with it.
Which Is Better The Chin Strap For Snoring Or The Snoring Mouth Guard?
The Chin Strap For Snoring:
Of all the devices to treat snoring available, chin straps are one of the easiest & simplest to use. The simplest & most basic form of an anti-snoring chin strap is made of a cup of fabric to give support to your chin, and straps which go up the sides of your face and around the top of your head.
The Snoring Mouth Guard:
It does precisely the same as a chin strap for snoring does. Nonetheless, several mouthpieces are either custom fitted or adjustable to ensure that the advancement of your jaw can be accurate, and as a conclusion is both more powerful and comfortable.
Chin Straps for Sleep Apnea:
What is best about this product – and perhaps of great interest for those who suffer from snoring – is that the chin strap for snoring can also support closed mouthed snorers. Moreover, it can be used for those who suffer from mild sleep apnea and/or nasal blockage since, when used along with a mouthpiece, both can help to strengthen the muscle and tongue stability required for a peaceful sleep given by your oral device.
Although extremely successful in the prevention of snoring, it is not still recommended that it is applied on its own if you are diagnosed with sleep apnea, however, it is seldom suggested that it be used in combination with CPAP.
The chin strap for snoring is surely affordable by you & everyone; it’s long lasting solution for snoring, and just after a few nights of sleeping with it, most snorers reported that they don’t even feel like they’re wearing the strap.
This anti-snoring method offers an immediate, non-invasive treatment for snorers who suffer from the annoying snoring sound, and with its entirely adjustable function, it can be used securely by anyone.